New to the forum but bad luck with aquariums

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Coast Steve

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hi Guys,

The wife and I have had a saltwater setup for about 4 years now.
We have spent a few thousand on it now, but sadly it's not working out and pretty lame.

Why?
OH I wish I new, we have had algae off and on for the whole time.
Name the type, we've had it!

The tank has been on RO water now for about 8 months but the algae is there, covering everything and taking out our invertabrates.

We hardly feed the fish, we have 2 fish, and loads of live rock
I decided to super filter it maybe that would help, 3 filters, 2Rena xp2s and the stock Red sea max unit, along with a protien skinner.

All our numbers are good and no one has a clue why it keeps happening.

SO, we have had enough and are giving up on a reef system.

WE want to get rid of everything inside the tank and start over again but with a cold water system this time,
We live by the sea so rocks fish and crabs are easy to get.

But I don't want to kill anything.

I will need only a chiller right?

Please give us some advice on a cold BC water set up.

PSST.............wana buy about 100 lbs of live rock?

Steve

You can post in the classifieds to sell everything you don't want, including the fish. Welcome to this forum, I really like it here. I'm sure you will be able to solve your problem on here. If not, there are plenty of links all over this site for other informative sites. Good luck! :)

Welcome to AA. even though i hate sw maybe you should read up some of the threads on sw. a lot of what they tell people in lfs are not always true. it just might be a simple thing being over looked.

Welcome to AA. even though i hate sw maybe you should read up some of the threads on sw. a lot of what they tell people in lfs are not always true. it just might be a simple thing being over looked.

It might be but I have really had enough now,
I hope a cold water system will be easier.

Welcome to AA! Please consider buying captive raised tank inhabitants instead of collecting them from their natural habitat. Collecting rocks from the ocean can be a huge mistake as there is no telling what is in/on them.

Back
Top Bottom