New to the forum, getting back into fish!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Jun

Aquarium Advice Regular
Hi there,

My name is Jun, and I'm just getting back into the aquarium hobby. I used to be very heavily involved (betta rescue and rehabilitation was my forte, but had also started getting into wild-type bettas, polypterids and other oddballs), and had been for a little over 10 years, when I made a cross-country move from Wisconsin/Minnesota to North Carolina and had to sell almost all of my fish and break down all my tanks.

So for Christmas this year I decided to gift myself a 40 gallon and deck it out in all the ways I had always wanted to deck out a tank but was never able to. The project has become (affectionately) known as 'the Mud Puddle,' due to some mishaps with the sand I bought, and I think that moniker will probably stay, haha. The stocking plan includes wild type bettas and dwarf cichlids, and I have a whole slew of live plants and three great pieces of Manzanita driftwood on the way. I am so excited!

I also still keep Betta splendens (I can never be without at least one of them, it seems). I have 3 males (Balthazar, Shep, and Roberts) and a lone single female named Andromeda is currently the Mud Puddle's only inhabitant.

Anyone here from UltimateBettas or Aquahobby might remember me. I'm excited to find a new 'online home' and continue learning and sharing. Thanks for reading this!

Hi, welcome to the forum :) would love to see pictures of your bettas :)

55 gallon elephant nose tank.
16 gallon vampire shrimp and snails

Thank you for the welcome! I posted a thread of a few pics of them, waiting for it to be approved/pop up in the photography section.

Thank you! I've been without an aquarium forum for a good many years now (my old online 'home' has fallen into inactivity I'm afraid), so I'm happy to jump right back in. It's been a solid 4 years since I was really involved, it's amazing to me what I still remember and what will sometimes just bubble back up to the surface, LOL.

Back
Top Bottom