New to the forum, Starting 18g freshwater!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jnizzle

Aquarium Advice Regular
Hello everyone! i have been researching the heck out of exerything i put in my tank, and kept stumbling on this site so i joined :lol:

I have a fresh water 18g tank, its been up for almost two weeks now! It currently has: 4 serpae tetras, 3 lemon tetras, and 3 ghost shrimp along with a big peice of genuine driftwood and an assortment of fake plants. I am waiting for the tank to fully cycle before adding maybe 5 cory cats and maybe a betta. Think that will work? Im totally obsessed with it and plan on being in this hobby for a long time! :)

Heres some pics

img_1599694_0_7117a32d47561c25ca21db485d7b0bb9.jpg

img_1599694_1_f71c786bf939d6525576179821e1aefa.jpg

img_1599694_2_de7c351910f42e1b81c8951bbab83028.jpg

Looks very good and welcome to the site! I really like the dimensions of that tank. I've never seen a tall one like that. I think once you are completely cycled and the tank has established itself a little more, cories would be great additions!

Enjoy your new found love! :)

Hi jnizzle, and welcome to the AA forum! :welcome: I love your driftwood. It's beautiful, and your tank is very nice too. Have fun with your new hobby, and enjoy the forum.

Looks very good and welcome to the site! I really like the dimensions of that tank. I've never seen a tall one like that. I think once you are completely cycled and the tank has established itself a little more, cories would be great additions!

Enjoy your new found love! :)

Hi jnizzle, and welcome to the AA forum! :welcome: I love your driftwood. It's beautiful, and your tank is very nice too. Have fun with your new hobby, and enjoy the forum.

:thanks: Just added an amazon sword today, trying my luck at live plants :)

Welcome aboard! hope you find the information you need here and enjoy your hobby for a lifetime. Rule #1 just have fun!

Welcome! You should start a thread in the getting started section about your stock. You will get more people to answer you there and give you feedback. :)

Nice, i am new to AA also. lol, hey, how did you get the driftwood to sink? I have this guy on another site that says he spent 39 bucks on one and the darn thing is still floating a week later. Personally, i have not ever had driftwood so i dont know.

Matt68005 said:
Nice, i am new to AA also. lol, hey, how did you get the driftwood to sink? I have this guy on another site that says he spent 39 bucks on one and the darn thing is still floating a week later. Personally, i have not ever had driftwood so i dont know.

I got some genuine driftwood from lfs and it sank right away. Make sure the wood is really dense and heavy. Do soak in warm water for about a week. I got excited and only spake for a day an tank has a yellow tint from the tannins. It should go away with water change though.

Back
Top Bottom