Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Community Forum > Member Introductions

Join Aquarium Advice Today
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com
Old 07-11-2011, 11:47 AM   #1
Aquarium Advice Addict
New to the Forums

My name is Michael from Richmond, VA. I currently have 4 tanks up and running including a 20L housing (currently) 3 tiger barbs and a Synodontis Eupterus (featherfin upside-down catfish), a 20H community with guppies, black neons, and neons; and a 37 gallon wannabe reef aquarium with a lot of live rock and sand and one very lonely tomato clownfish. I worked in the pet industry for a total of about 10 years between one independent full-line pet shop in Charlotte, NC, an aquarium shop in Raleigh, NC and one of the big box pet stores in Charlotte and Mint Hill, NC. I've been out of the business for over 10 years now having had to change careers and gettign married.

When I was in the business, I was heavily into rift lake cichlids and oddball freshwater fish. However, I moved and had to loan out my freshwater tank (which was a 29 gallon until it developed a crack and then replaced with the 20L) and the 37 gallon reef. Once I was married and moved, I got the aquariums back and started the road to recovery. No big issues with the freshwater, but I had several mishaps with the reef including the failure of two pumps resulting in oil discharge to the tanks and the failure of the lighting system. Money got tight and I was unable to make necessary equipment replacement and have since replaced the faulty pumps and lighting, but have had little disposable income for inhabitants.

I actually stumbled across these boards while looking for an aquarium log app for the iPhone.

Thanks for having me.

Rutrag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2011, 11:50 AM   #2
Aquarium Advice FINatic
Welcome to AA. We are thrilled to have you.

Maya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2011, 12:24 PM   #3
Aquarium Advice Addict
welcome to AA,the friendliest(and best)forum around
nearly a year of complete inactivity and still over 4 posts per day. dedication, eh?
alLexX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2011, 08:22 PM   #4
Community Admin

Tank of the Month Award
Welcome aboard. We are glad you found us here at AA.

I live in Midlothian, Va
melosu58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2011, 08:23 PM   #5
Aquarium Advice Addict
Send a message via Yahoo to rich311k
Welcome to AA!!
From where the sun now stands, I will fight no more forever.
rich311k is offline   Reply With Quote

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com