New to the Forums

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Rutrag

Aquarium Advice Addict
My name is Michael from Richmond, VA. I currently have 4 tanks up and running including a 20L housing (currently) 3 tiger barbs and a Synodontis Eupterus (featherfin upside-down catfish), a 20H community with guppies, black neons, and neons; and a 37 gallon wannabe reef aquarium with a lot of live rock and sand and one very lonely tomato clownfish. I worked in the pet industry for a total of about 10 years between one independent full-line pet shop in Charlotte, NC, an aquarium shop in Raleigh, NC and one of the big box pet stores in Charlotte and Mint Hill, NC. I've been out of the business for over 10 years now having had to change careers and gettign married.

When I was in the business, I was heavily into rift lake cichlids and oddball freshwater fish. However, I moved and had to loan out my freshwater tank (which was a 29 gallon until it developed a crack and then replaced with the 20L) and the 37 gallon reef. Once I was married and moved, I got the aquariums back and started the road to recovery. No big issues with the freshwater, but I had several mishaps with the reef including the failure of two pumps resulting in oil discharge to the tanks and the failure of the lighting system. :facepalm: Money got tight and I was unable to make necessary equipment replacement and have since replaced the faulty pumps and lighting, but have had little disposable income for inhabitants.

I actually stumbled across these boards while looking for an aquarium log app for the iPhone.

Thanks for having me. :D

Back
Top Bottom