new to the game

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ddouble

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hello all! I am new to the saltwater game. This will be my first saltwater tank! I am a mail man in statesville NC.I just ordered a 120 gallon starfire glass aquarium with internal overflow on right side. I plan on the tank having branch live rock, fish and corals. When I started looking I wanted tonga live rock but, I understand that is not available anymore. Any sugesstions on where to purchase live rock and is it better for a newbe to go cured versus uncuredI want to have black sand in the tank but, I have read that black sand may not be good. The tank currently will not have a lid. Still up in the air about that one. Looking at protein skimmers now and lights now. Does anyone have favorites that they recommend? Thanks everyone! Just trying to minimize my mistakes

Welcome to AA! Not a SW guy myself but there are more than enough people on here who I am sure will help you get started. Good luck!

:welcome:
Welcome to AA!! We are glad to have you!​

I would recommend posting a thread in the reef area of the site with questions on your build - you will get better and more detailed responses there. Best of luck!

Back
Top Bottom