New to the hobby

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Notnac

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hello everyone! I am new to the FW scene. I started back in November or December of 2011 and even though it has been a few months already, I still consider myself new to the hobby because I feel I still have a lot to learn. I've always read up on forums like these for information but have finally decided to join a few and start posting.

Starting an aquarium never really was my thing until one day I literally thought to myself that I'll start one. I used to own one when I was really little that was full of goldfish I had one from a school fair and I also owned a betta since it was given to me by a family friend. Besides those two instances, I never had any other tanks growing up. So now I own 3 tanks and I love it. I'll be sharing some pictures when I have time and might even start a blog to just start logging things that go on with my tanks, etc.

I'm very interested in the moment at starting a shrimp tank but I'm having trouble getting a hold of some shrimp since the LFS around here don't seem to have any in stock or just don't carry them. My goal with the shrimp tank is to start a colony and get them breeding.

I'm currently a student so I've been doing this on a budget. Hopefully I can find some deals in the future that could help me later on with my tanks. :D

That's about it. Everything else about me can be found in my profile. Lol. Take care all and I hope to gain more advice and knowledge from this forum. (y)

http://i.imgur.com/GQXrT.jpg

Well glad to have a new member looking forward to pictures and try the classifieds on this site I am sure you can find some nice cherry shrimp

Welcome to Aquarium Advice! As mentioned above, you could try here for shrimp, and if there aren't any for sale, you can try some online retailers like lIveaquaria.com. Good luck! :)

Back
Top Bottom