new to the saltwater hobby

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

noobaquarist

Aquarium Advice Newbie
My name is Tommy. I've been dreaming about owning a saltwater tank for about 3 years now and just found a deal that I couldn't pass up. I found a 180 gallon set up for 800 bucks. While moving the tank I accidentally chipped the bottom at one of the holes drilled for the overflow. It is about the size of my finger tip maybe the width of a toothpick deep on the dry side of the glass. I've spoken to several people that said I should be good. But I would like to try and find someone that has had this problem before and knows how I should proceed. First thing I want to do is fill it up outside and see if it will hold. Maybe leave it for a week or two. And was thinking about sandwitching both sides together between two pieces of glass. The chip is in the overflow so I know that won't have much water in it. I'm just concerned that the pressure inside the main tank will be catastrophic. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Just fill it with some kind of aquarium safe silicon. Same thing happened to me and that's what I did and i have had no problems at all

Thank you so much. I figured it would be ok since the overflow isn't gonna be full. I just don't want to flood my house. Are your overflows drilled at the bottom of your tank? And how big is it if you don't mind me asking.

Back
Top Bottom