New to the site

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

guns286

Aquarium Advice Regular
Just wanted to say thanks, in advance, for any advice you guys can give me. I've read many of the threads and noticed there are some very knowledgable people here. I look foward to your advice and the possibility of being able to help others myself.
My name is Bill, I'm 36 and live in Yonkers, N.Y.. I've been an aquarium hobbiest for about 8 years. I started small, with a 30g FW tank and have worked my way up to a 72g FW. My goal is to convert to SW, eventually. I'm about to start a small, 5g nano SW, which I've been advised is a good way of learning.
My current system consists of a 72g, bowfront, tank with a Fluval 405 canister filter. I also have a Tetra Whisper 100, dual outlet, pump and standard, 2 bulb, floresent lighting. I have had larger fish, is the past, but decided to go with smaller schooling fish this time (neon and black strip tetra, etc.), along with Amano shrimp. So far the new set up is going great. I plan to add some more Amano's and about 10 more small fish.
I look foward to taking part in the many interesting descussions on informative site. Thanks again.

Welcome Bill!

The Salt water experience is an interesting one for sure. Like with fresh water, bigger tanks are easier to take care of, and even more so with salt water. If you have the money and the room, consider going bigger. A 5g tank will surely keep you on your toes!

Back
Top Bottom