New to the site!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

SpilNAshlee

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hey Everyone,
Spil and Ashlee here, we are new to the site but definetly not new to aquatic keeping! we just absolutely love anything that has to do with water... We recently made ourselves a neat AquaPonics 10 gallon tank, and planted a few different herbs such as cilantro, sweet basil, thyme, and rosemary... as far as the fish that we have decided to put into our aquaponic tank we have chosen a Betta fish! If anyone has an established aquaponics tank we are most definitely open for suggestions! We just recently lost our dwarf puffer fish to those nasty internal parasites, unfortunately we bought him with the virus, he was in a tank by himself so no one else got sick, we tried to treat him for 2 weeks, and he finally succumbed to the infection late Saturday night, you will be terribly missed our little Bumble Bee!! R.I.P. Bumble Bee, you were an amazing puffer fish!!

New to Site

Hello S & A...

I have a similar tank (see attached pic). It's a terraphyte tank. I emerse the roots of Alglaonema plants and the roots keep the water pure for the fish. No water changes, just top offs a couple of times a week and trimming the plants now and then. The plants grow fast in the nutrient rich tank water.

Anyway, welcome.

B

Attachments

• WP_20130416_004.jpg
    WP_20130416_004.jpg
    175.4 KB · Views: 53
Hey there BBradBury,
Wow check that out, that looks amazing! We are going to try to get a picture of our tank up here today at some point so you can check it out, the tank was on a fish-less cycle for a month and a half before we added the Betta, we started the plant seeds under a T9 grow light until we got some root systems established, put the plants in about 2 weeks ago and they seem to be doing just great! The whole Aquaponics system is amazing, the fish gets his water cleaned and purified while the plant gains nutrients and grows from the fish excrement!! I've heard that the herbs and plants grown out of aquaponics taste great too because of the natural fertilization!

New to Site

Hey there BBradBury,
Wow check that out, that looks amazing! We are going to try to get a picture of our tank up here today at some point so you can check it out, the tank was on a fish-less cycle for a month and a half before we added the Betta, we started the plant seeds under a T9 grow light until we got some root systems established, put the plants in about 2 weeks ago and they seem to be doing just great! The whole Aquaponics system is amazing, the fish gets his water cleaned and purified while the plant gains nutrients and grows from the fish excrement!! I've heard that the herbs and plants grown out of aquaponics taste great too because of the natural fertilization!

Hello again S & A...

Excellent. Looking forward to some pics and some posts.

B

Back
Top Bottom