New to the site.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

arttree68

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hello all. I am new to this sit/ forum. Came here looking for advice on fixing a tank I picked up for cheap and decided to join. I have had fish of and on for 30+ years. My current setups are all 10 gallon. One has my wife's' gold fish in it. On has two goldfish my youngest brought home from VBS for being a helper. And my main tank is a tropical tank. It is getting upgraded to a 29 gallon in a little bit. I usually only do tropical non aggressive fish, tetras, coris, danios, loaches, stuff like that. After I get the 29 gallon going I will enlarge my neon tetra school, maybe ad some more danios and look into a nice Beta.

Welcome to AA. Glad you found us here! :welcome:

A 10g is too small for 1 goldfish let alone 2.

Goldfish rule is 20g for 1 and +10g for each other one. But still welcome. We give construcrive feedback to help you better your fishes lives

Welcome to AA. Glad you found us here! :welcome:

A 10g is too small for 1 goldfish let alone 2.

Goldfish rule is 20g for 1 and +10g for each other one. But still welcome. We give construcrive feedback to help you better your fishes lives

Agree on this^^ but also OP, what kind of goldfish are they? Because of course this rule won't apply to some of the larger goldfish varieties that are often sold as being "perfect for your tank!" At many places lol.

They are all the cheap "feeder" goldfish from Wal-mart. The one my wife has was the last one in her lilly pond that a raccoon didn't get.

That would be a Comet goldfish most likely, and they grow up to 12" +/-
In the long run comets need ponds or very large tanks. I'm not a goldfish e pert but I believe you could keep them for a while in a 55 but would have to find a new home for them in the somewhat near future.

jwh0818 the single goldfish is about 4.75 inches from nose to base of tail. The tail is close ti 1.25 inches long.

Yeah like paytertot said, they grow really big. Id go ahead and buy a 20g long if you dont wanna spend a bunch for just this goldfish. A 20 long is 32.99 at petsmart or find a nice used tank

the nearest petco is 90 miles away. We have Wal-Mart and a very tiny pet store. She stock 10 gallon and orders everything else. I am going down there this weekend looking for stuff for my 29. I picked it up for $5.00 and had to re seal it. It has held water for three days now. That is what my tropical are going to be upgraded to. I want lots of neon's.

the nearest petco is 90 miles away. We have Wal-Mart and a very tiny pet store. She stock 10 gallon and orders everything else. I am going down there this weekend looking for stuff for my 29. I picked it up for $5.00 and had to re seal it. It has held water for three days now. That is what my tropical are going to be upgraded to. I want lots of neon's.

Dont do over on neons. Get like 28 and a bunch. A whoooollleeee bunch of plants

I said Petco earlier, meant Petsmart. Not used to big fancy stores dedicated to pets around here. (middle of nowhere) Mentioned your suggestion to the wife. she is happy the way things are. Happy wife=happy life.

I said Petco earlier, meant Petsmart. Not used to big fancy stores dedicated to pets around here. (middle of nowhere) Mentioned your suggestion to the wife. she is happy the way things are. Happy wife=happy life.

Aint that the truth!

Back
Top Bottom