New to the site

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

EdJarka

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hi, I just registered so I thought I tell you about my tank.
It is a 30g w/ 25 lbs of Haiti live rock, 40 lbs of live sand.
I have 2 clowns, 1 yellow tail damsel, 1 fire fish, 1 cleaner shrimp,
8 red legged hermits. I have a cascade 700 filter that's rated for 65 gals.
I just purchased a AquaC Remora skimmer due too my old one SUCKED,
By the way it was a seaclone 100. I have a reef rated LED lights.

Hey what's up Ed, welcome to the forum! I was just curios what brand of lights your using because I'm looking at getting some LED's myself.

The company is called beamswork with 27 - 1 watt LEDS. Not to bad on the wallet, about $100.
I plan on getting some coral just waiting till I fix my issue with my nitrates. I can't seem to get it lowered. I just bought a AquaC remora skimmer hoping that takes care off it.

Thanks ! Been looking on this forum for help and decided its time to sign in. I only had my tank for about 4-5 months.

The company is called beamswork with 27 - 1 watt LEDS. Not to bad on the wallet, about $100.
I plan on getting some coral just waiting till I fix my issue with my nitrates. I can't seem to get it lowered. I just bought a AquaC remora skimmer hoping that takes care off it.

Oh sweet! I'll have to check those out. For nitrates, regular water changes and good filter media like ploy-filters also help a bunch. that's what I put in my take to help with nitrates. The skimmer will help too. got any pics of the tank?

I have been doin normal water changes . And it really hasn't changed, I also added a nitrate absorbing sack in my filter system. It lowered it to about 80 ppm, still really high.

I think I might remove the crushed coral from the filter and replace it with ceramic bio. Maybe I have to much crushed coral in it that it can't pass thru. Who knows. I surprised my fish are still alive with that high of nitrate.

image-2939689372.jpg

Back
Top Bottom