New to the site

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Tankescape

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hello gang,

New to the site and just wanted to say hi. My name is Roger and I've had a few freshwater tropical tanks in my day. I definitely don't know everything about technical details of tank keeping. Hopefully this site will help and I can make a few friends along the way. I currently have a fluval edge and I do love it. Some of my favorite fish are blue rams, clown knifes, butterfly, and most tetras. Right now I have barbs and the whole family loves how active they are. I look forward to your input and chat.

Roger

image-3452999529.jpg

Not the best photo...
Tigers and albino tigers. Those bio orb plants are the best plastic plants I think. Ehiem jäger heater.

More Decor to come. Im going to break some rules and put a crimson sea fan from bio orb in there. Think I better cool it on the fish. Not too big of a tank. All the kids want a African dwarf frog but I've never had good luck with them. Been looking for a good algae eater because the room is sunny. I'm thinking a small oto wouldn't cause any trouble at all in there.

Otos are very difficult to keep alive, especially if the tank isn't well established. If you want an algae eater for a tank that size I would definitely suggest going with a few nerite snails.

How big is your tank? I mainly ask because the barbs need a tank that's around 30g due to how active and aggressive they are :(

Also, how long has this tank been set up?

It's been running about a year come Christmas. Thanks for the heads up on the oto.

The tank is a 6.5 gallon and my next tank will be a 20 tall. The barbs will go in there and this tank I was thinking would be better suited for a blue ram.

It's even more critical to put blue rams in a larger tank. My advice to you would be to take a look in www.liveaquaria.com and check out fish on there. It has minimum tank sizes listed for fish.

Another good site to check out is www.aqadvisor.com to check the stocking levels on the tank.

Back
Top Bottom