New to the site but not to fish!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

EricV

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hey there everyone.

I'm Eric and I've been keeping various fish for the better part of 20 years. I have successfully bred numerous freshwater species and one saltwater species. I also have experience with freshwater plants and invertebrates. I'm far more versed in freshwater aquaria in general so I'll be keeping most if not all of my postings on that side of things.

I am currently only running one small tank running (I'm moving back to the northeast in August and have no desire to transport one or more large tanks 2000+ miles in the summer heat). I'll set up a more detailed post describing my tank with some pictures when the rest of my plants come in this weekend. Once I have relocated I plan on setting up a massive (200-400 gallon) planted discus tank but that is a thread for another day.

I generally aim for DIY or unconventional techniques so don't be surprised if I don't do everything quite by the book but hey I don't have an unlimited budget! That being said I won't recommend anything that I haven't tried myself and I'm certainly open to suggestion or debate on my ideas.

Anyway I'm off to get some water for my tank as the water here is very hard (about 350ppm GH) and alkaline (pH of 7.4 - 7.6) out of the tap (not to mention the .5 ppm of ammonia it contains).

Happy fish keeping everyone!

Back
Top Bottom