New to the Site/Seeking Advice

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

rhuth

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hello,

My name is Rob and I am currently a college student. I have had a freshwater tank for many years and the ease of transporting the 20 gallon tank makes freshwater easy for me. I am really interested in converting the tank to saltwater, but am concerned about the transportation. Essentially I need to transport it once a year. I would be interested in a really simple beginner tank to start and am wondering if you guys think this is reasonable, or if I should just stick to freshwater.

Thanks!

There would be really no advantage or disadvantage to transporting a FOWLR SW tank back and forth once a year. Either FW or SW, it is hard on the fish, but doable. A reef tank would be a bit more challenging.

Thanks! Do you have any recommendations for starting a 20g saltwater tank?

Hi! Welcome to Aquarium Advice! I just began my first reef tank myself, a 289 gallon bio cube. It's actually my first tank. Although I just added my first livestock today, I am loving it. It is quite expensive, but so rewarding, even from the beginning. Since there really is no difference for transporting a saltwater FOWLR, like mentioned above, I would say start with that. A reef is a bit more challenging, and probably very difficult to move.

Hello every one have 4 tanks and have an alligator gar... Then some tropical I love and live my tanks lol

Back
Top Bottom