Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Community Forum > Member Introductions
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 05-05-2011, 03:34 AM   #1
Aquarium Advice Activist

New to the tropical fish world

Hello guys just a new member here i have just started my aquarium and i have 10 gold barbs, 2 gourami's, 2 Angel fish, 3 Clown Loaches and a Bristnose catfish in my 90L Aqua One 620 tropical tank.

Im a pretty easy going person so if you got any advice or want to chat just pm me. Thanks.

Old 05-05-2011, 03:42 AM   #2
come get me tang police!

welcome to the site. I suggest looking up the fish profiles for the different fish you are keeping. It looks like you are overstocked, so I would do a bit of research to get a better idea of what the eventual size and needs of the fish is going to be.

Old 05-05-2011, 03:48 AM   #3
Aquarium Advice Activist

Quote:
Originally Posted by jetajockey View Post
welcome to the site. I suggest looking up the fish profiles for the different fish you are keeping. It looks like you are overstocked, so I would do a bit of research to get a better idea of what the eventual size and needs of the fish is going to be.
yeah i know that i will eventually need to upgrade to a bigger tank but since i just bought this tank i thought i would just cut a few of the fish out and then slowly upgrade once i had a bit more experience but i would be open to suggestion of what to cut out of the tank.
Old 05-05-2011, 03:49 AM   #4
Aquarium Advice Addict

Send a message via Yahoo to Joyler
Quote:
Originally Posted by jetajockey
+1 on overstocked! How many gallons is 90L do you know? (sorry I'm a silly American)...clown loaches can get huge! Most would suggest larger than 100g for those bad boys...also I'd watch out for the angels they can get aggressive! Other than that, welcome!! I hope you enjoy this site as much as I do everyone is really nice, and really want to help you be the most successful fish parent you can be
Old 05-05-2011, 03:52 AM   #5
Aquarium Advice Addict

I'd say cut the clowns, and get either corydora catfish or maybe another kind of loach...the khulies are cool! And also are they dwarf gouramis? They get intimidated by aggressive fish...so just make sure they don't get stressed
Old 05-05-2011, 03:54 AM   #6
Aquarium Advice Activist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joyler View Post
+1 on overstocked! How many gallons is 90L do you know? (sorry I'm a silly American)...clown loaches can get huge! Most would suggest larger than 100g for those bad boys...also I'd watch out for the angels they can get aggressive! Other than that, welcome!! I hope you enjoy this site as much as I do everyone is really nice, and really want to help you be the most successful fish parent you can be
haha well you must be a nice american cause usually they dont call themselves silly. i think 90L is around 24 gallons or a bit under, yeah i have seen a few massive clown loaches but i figured that for now my tank would be ok for them since they are small and grow slow or is that the wrong way to be thinking ? Yeah i have heard angels are quite the stalkers and iv also seen them eating smaller tetras in the pet shops lol. I definately plan on buying a bigger tank once they all start growing and become to big. I was thinking of getting rid of some of the Barbs just to cut down on numbers but what do you think ? Thanks for the welcome !
Old 05-05-2011, 03:55 AM   #7
Aquarium Advice Activist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joyler View Post
I'd say cut the clowns, and get either corydora catfish or maybe another kind of loach...the khulies are cool! And also are they dwarf gouramis? They get intimidated by aggressive fish...so just make sure they don't get stressed
I only just bought my clowns the brave one of the group is definately my favourite though
Old 05-05-2011, 03:59 AM   #8
come get me tang police!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cartosbartos View Post
haha well you must be a nice american cause usually they dont call themselves silly. i think 90L is around 24 gallons or a bit under, yeah i have seen a few massive clown loaches but i figured that for now my tank would be ok for them since they are small and grow slow or is that the wrong way to be thinking ? Yeah i have heard angels are quite the stalkers and iv also seen them eating smaller tetras in the pet shops lol. I definately plan on buying a bigger tank once they all start growing and become to big. I was thinking of getting rid of some of the Barbs just to cut down on numbers but what do you think ? Thanks for the welcome !
Whenever you get stocking advice, or consider stocking plans, always plan around the adult size of the fish. All I can really advocate is research research and more research. Get to know the ins and outs of everything in this hobby and it will reward you greatly, and your fish will thank you.
Old 05-05-2011, 04:00 AM   #9
Aquarium Advice Activist

Quote:
Originally Posted by jetajockey View Post
Whenever you get stocking advice, or consider stocking plans, always plan around the adult size of the fish. All I can really advocate is research research and more research. Get to know the ins and outs of everything in this hobby and it will reward you greatly, and your fish will thank you.
yeah i did read about the huge tank for the loaches and i went to the pet shop and asked and they were like na youll be right lol.
Old 05-05-2011, 04:10 AM   #10
Aquarium Advice Addict

The reason you don't want to put a fish in to small of a tank is because it can stunt the growth of the fish, which in many instances will have detrimental affects on the fish we see it most often in common plecos...which need at least 125g, but are usually thrown into 20g

Tags
tropical, tropical fish

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com