New to this forum.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

rickh59

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hello everyone. I am from Maryland, USA. I started back into the hobby of aquariums and fish about a year ago after a 20 year hiatus. I started with an 18 gallon freshwater tank and a few Dalmatian Mollies and a Beta. Two Mollies became two hundred in less than six months. I didn't know they were the rabbits of the fish world. I now have a 60 gallon tank and a few less Mollies due to attrition and the addition of an Angel Fish. Let's just say the Angel Fish grew up really fast and the Mollie population is slowly declining.

Both my tanks are planted. The 18 gallon tank came with LED lights and they have been sufficient to grow the plants well. The 60 came with 2 weak florescent lamps so I added two strips of LED bars that provide enough light from all 4 together.

Both tanks are a bit over populated but I can't kill them and I could not find anyone to take some, so I do frequent filter and water changes. Eventually things will balance out.

I posted pics of both my tanks in the photo section if anyone is interested. The Mollies are all grouped to one side because as soon as I walk up to the tank they think they are going to be fed.

I look forward to learning from you and hopefully I can share some of my experiences with you.

Rick

Back
Top Bottom