New to this, need to bounce some ideas

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Jblott

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hey, I've had a 55 gallon freshwater aquarium for about two years. Recently my fish numbers dwindled to zero, I ran the tank fish less for about a month or so and recently bought an oscars and four cichlids. I'm wondering what good cichlid decorations are color of gravel that looks best. I have a large HOB filter on the back and am contemplating buying a canister filter.

Any suggestions?

Welcome!! Agreed on both posts! Black sand is the way to go. And not too many other fish can go with oscars.

I have an electric yellow, and what I think is an ~ electric blue, possibly a convict and a miscellaneous blue one~ all about one inch in size, except the electric yellow which is about two inches.

Cool
You shouldn't mix rift lake Cichlids with other Cichlids. Eventually all of them including the convict will become a pricey snack for the Oscar. You should re home all but the Oscar or all but the convict or keep all but the Oscar and the convict.

:) just trying to save your pockets for the near and fast approaching future

Back
Top Bottom