New to this Site

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

BalaGuppieGirl

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hello all! I am new here but I am utterly obsessed with my tank lol and have been looking for others to chat with about fish and not annoy them to death haha. I currently have a 60 gal that my boyfriend just bought me 2 weeks ago for my birthday, a 5 gal for teenagers and a 1.8 gal for my babies. I love to breed fancy guppies. Well, I dont know if you can call it breeding really due to the fact that I do not separate them to get certain colors. I love the mystery of how many they may have or what colors and patterns may come out of random selection. I did this for about 3 years, selling to local pet stores to buy filter pads or food with. I was very proud of this, seeing as how I sold them 300 guppies one time and they sold out in 2 weeks. They gave me a raise for how well my guppies sold but sadly I had to shut down for a period. Now, thanks to my boyfriend's wonderful support and kind gifts, I am back in the game and just looking for a few friends to share this passion with.
I also have in my 60 gal tank a pleco (still checking on the exact breed), 3 Bala sharks, and My mans only pick of the tank, a transparent knife fish.
So if anyone is out there and just wanting to share in this passion with me I would be more than happy to. Tell me about your tank and how its doing and I'll share about mine :)

Haha yes! They love me and find some of it interesting and so they listen for a little but I can go on and on for hours and want to look stuff up together and they are just not into that haha.

What do you have?

It's a 4ft tank with community fish - loaches, mollies, rosy barbs, angel fish. Also got a 5gal tank which it meant to be QT but has fry in it (tank expansion by stealth!). Yourself?

Oh nice!!! I have a 60 with 1 transparent knife fish (the only one my boyfriend picked out), a pleco, 3 bala sharks, and fancy guppies that I love to breed. I have a 1.8 hexagon and a 5 gal for babies and teen guppies. :)

Hello and welcome. A little concern over some things in your post. It appears as though you're doing a fish in cycle (which isn't a problem) but if the transparent knife fish is actually a glass knife, it's quite small of a tank as they could get to be 16" and do best in at least 100 gallons. The Bala's will probably survive but become more territorial and aggressive over time as they'd do best in at least a 75. I would also suggest finding a spare tank to keep as a QT or HT should the need arise without warning. Your own liquid test kit and lots of WC's are the key to healthy and happy tanks. Good luck !!

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium advice.

Welcome!
What a great boyfriend you must have to give a such sized tank as a gift! If he's still in a giving mood, tell him I'm in need for another tank as well... LOL! No, really! The amount of fish is rapidly extending overhere... hahaha...

Back
Top Bottom