Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Community Forum > Member Introductions

Join Aquarium Advice Today
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com
Old 09-08-2013, 11:32 PM   #1
Aquarium Advice Newbie
Talking new user from Jeddah

Hi guys, my name is Ehab Qiblawi writing to you from Jeddah on the east coast of the Red Sea.
I'm a scuba diver with a habit of having two dives a week in the reef sea, and I strongly advise you all who don't dive to start taking lessons, and those who do, pay me a visit to the best sea on earth.
So as a dive, I got addicted to the sight of corals and the sea life all the time so that's why I got my self a reef aquarium.

There is this type of aquariums, mine is caked bio box,that have the whole system of sump and the other things built in in the back of the tank behind the blank background. so you can put the aquarium on any table or on a counter. I loved it because it's more convenient.

I have the aquarium now fire almost the weeks now, ask of you now should be expecting it to be empty with some sand in the bottom, but actually it is not and here's what I did.
First of all, I took used water from an already mature old tank from the aquarium shop and put in my tank, instead of making my own salt water. This water it self was harvested from the sea and filtered before it was used in the shop anyway. so I figured that it will be filled with bacterial.
I kept the water running just for a couple of days before I threw a fish as a test.
After the first survived for a couple of days, I placed a large live rock and waited for a couple of days.
When the tank was ten days old I got another couple of small fish and real dive I'd get done soft corals and stuff and it is working...... I guess..... .
Be not note you to death, I think this is enough as an introduction, well talk later guys.

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG-20130907-WA0008.jpg
Views:	41
Size:	257.4 KB
ID:	197251   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG-20130907-WA0010.jpg
Views:	36
Size:	252.8 KB
ID:	197252  

Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_0049.jpg
Views:	37
Size:	255.9 KB
ID:	197253   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_0044.jpg
Views:	41
Size:	255.7 KB
ID:	197254  

ehabq1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com