Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Community Forum > Member Introductions
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 10-01-2011, 02:40 AM   #11
Aquarium Advice Newbie

If I had room for a bigger tank; I would.

Old 10-01-2011, 12:50 PM   #12
Aquarium Advice Freak

Then perhaps, for the welfare of the animals, it's best to take them back, take down the tank, and find something else to fill that small space. A potted plant, perhaps, or a desk lamp.

Old 10-01-2011, 01:31 PM   #13
Aquarium Advice Addict

You could always take the white cloud minnows back or sell them to someone else and have a shrimp or snail tank.
Old 10-01-2011, 08:51 PM   #14
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monny View Post
I completely understand. If you want to make the switch, there is absolutely nothing wrong with taking those fish back to a store. People do it all the time. I dare say some shrimp would probably provide you more entertainment in there anyway!
Old 10-01-2011, 09:03 PM   #15
Aquarium Advice Addict

If you wan't a small desktop tank, invest in a 5 or 10 gallon. I just bought two 5 gallon tanks and they cost me $25 each. They are kits that come with a small power filter, hood and light. Pretty cheap in my opinion. I got one for each of my kids ( a 2 and 4 year old), and they will be getting them set up for christmas. In their tanks they are each going to have an apple snail and one betta. I would say the only single fish you could put in that tank would be a betta, but a betta needs a heater and I would say at least 3-5 gallons.

You have heard from multiple people and I agree that 3 whiteclouds do not belong in a 1 gallon tank. If you really want those particular fish, spend $10-$30 at walmart and get a 10 gallon tank.
Old 10-01-2011, 09:08 PM   #16
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monny View Post
Would you a greyhound and keep him cooped up in a small apartment without any time to run free (as they need a lot of run time)? Sure the greyhound might survive but his life would be shorter and a lot more miserable. Different types of fish have different needs. If you only have room for a 1 gallon then you need to decide on something to put in it that is not active and doesn't require a ton of room to swim around. The size of the fish isn't the only thing to consider, it's the activity level as well.

People may live together in a small apartment but they can leave and run free. Your white clouds are stuck there, forever, with nowhere to go.
Old 10-02-2011, 12:23 AM   #17
Aquarium Advice Newbie

I'll try ASAP to see if I can fit something a tad bigger (2-5 gallons) in.
Old 10-02-2011, 12:30 AM   #18
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monny
I'll try ASAP to see if I can fit something a tad bigger (2-5 gallons) in.
It's good that your trying to fix the problem, but 5g still wouldn't be enough. If you do manage to get a 5g rehome the minnows and get a betta. It's a much better option
Old 10-02-2011, 01:05 AM   #19
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fishkeeper26 View Post
It's good that your trying to fix the problem, but 5g still wouldn't be enough. If you do manage to get a 5g rehome the minnows and get a betta. It's a much better option
This is good advice, I agree. But if you get a betta, it needs a heater to keep the temp around 78/80

Tags
small tank, tan

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com