New! Woo!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ChelseaLake

Aquarium Advice Activist
Hello everbody! :D

My name is Chelsea, and I'm a 21 year old EMT from Indiana, USA. Fishkeeping reaaaaallly takes some of the stress of my life away.

I fell in love with aquatic life in general when I was a tiny child. It's always been so depressing to me that I live in a landlocked state (besides our amazing lakes and ponds and rivers).

My mother kept saltwater tanks all through my childhood, but quit when my grandfather died in 2008. In December, after doing TONS and TONS of research, I decided to start an aquarium of my own.

I started with a 10 gallon tropical tank with guppies (Bansky, Tetris, Carlo, and Rubik), and have recently fallen in LOVE with goldfish. I now 2 in a 29 gallon tank (buying a 55g with my first paycheck tomorrow! YAY! -probably will have to wait another month for substrate, decos, filter, pump, etc. etc. etc.) named Mai, a 3" black moor, and Pei, a 2" golden telescope. They are handfed and probably a little spoiled. I am absolutely AMAZED by their personality and intelligence. Not to mention...they have the cutest little faces! I'm in love...

I'm really interested in solely keeping FW tropicals and goldfish right now, but maybe sometime in the future, I'll move on to keeping salt on my own.

This is an awesome board that I frequented last fall when planning my first aquarium. Thanks so much for all of your help, and thanks also in advance for any future advice you can give me.

Back
Top Bottom