Newb 2.5 Gallon !!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

JDM SigEp Z33

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hey what up guys, newbie here to the forums ! been looking around here for a few weeks but havent posted ! finally decided to post !

I got me a little 2.5 gallon reef tank project that i hope works out !
i had it cycling with about a 1.5 pound live rock for about 1 month since about november with a small nano filter. here's a pic !

img_938867_0_2528a40f0e41d0bbb1e62413cbcf7bf0.jpg

begining of december i added a 10 gallon filter to the tank for more flow and more water ! and after christmas i added a 2 pound live rock and a small rock with some polips and some other type of coral that i havent been able to identify by name ! and i also added a Purple Psuedochromis ! and in the 10 gallon filter i added about .5 pounds of small pieces of live rock ! kinda like a refugium ! its what a friend of mine suggested me to do ! here's the most recent pics ! the fish was hiding in the back for a few days so you cant see him here !

img_938867_1_5732ebe9ed3ef63be61466a551e2c63e.jpg

Any suggestions, comments, criticism, and help that i can get to make this work is definitely welcome ! and i hope to enjoy my stay on the forum !

and i forgot to mention i also have a 9" 2x 9W Coralife Mini Aqualight CF hood, 1x Actinic and 1x 10,000K ! got me 5 snails in the tank also !

no too much ! the tank cost me about 10 bucks ! the nano filter was about 13 ! the 10 gallon filter was about 15-20 and the light cost me the most and i baught it on a black friday special and i got it for 22 bucks ! the most expensive stuff was the rock and fish n stuff !

truthfully i have no idea why im running 2 filters ! lol

i guess i started the tank with the nano filter ! and my best friends brother told me me to add another filter and fill it with live rock and sand but i didnt wanna mess up the filter with sand so i just put live rock ! and i was looking through forums and some guys said more water is better ! so i figured it would work out !

I got ya, I think you would have been fine with the nano filter, then just add a cheap powerhead, sure you could have found one for cheaper then the 10G filter, but there is nothing wrong with more filteration, it's always better.

If it's not too much trouble for you, think you could give me a detailed list on your equipment and cost?

Brand name/type of equip/cost

That would help me kind of get an idea of what i'm going to be getting into, i'm a freshwater guy if you couldn't tell. :D

lol yea no prob i'll get you all that info !

by the way i have a fresh water also ! i have a 10 gallon ! its nothing special its just something i have to pay not much attention to ! i have the multicolored neon color rocks ! with a bunch of neon colored ornaments ! and i have about 12 neon tetras two like small silver dollars and a yellow fancy guppie ! with a 10 gallon filter ! i'll post pics of that as soon as i take one ! lol its nothing special its just a kool looking tank! with a glow in the dark sticker on the front lol !

Thanks man, if you don't feel like posting the equipment list ect. stuff I asked for, you can just send me a private message a.k.a. pm.

Just to inform you about your 10 gallon setup, you shouldn't have silver dollars in that setup, they need to huge tank bcuz they get very big. Just to warn you.

Can't wait to see that list :D

well its not really a silver dollar ! it kinda looks like one ! im not sure exactly what it is ! when i baught it it had like a pink and green color spot that they said was injected into them ! but their kool ! here's my freshwater !

img_939393_0_c9c7bf394633d9dfaf8eb222c56f1681.jpg

thats the fish right there !
img_939393_1_1a232383b05cb7fa5b280fbb1e9d27df.jpg

Ohh n the equipment for the saltwater that i have is :
-Tetra O 10-15 Gallon Filter $15-20
-Red Sea Nano Filter $13
-2.5 Gallon Tank $10
-9" 2x 9W Coralife Mini Aqualight CF hood, 1x Actinic and 1x 10,000K $22 when i baught it ! now its like $32
and thats pretty much it for the equipment !

The light you can buy it on hellolights.com they sell it at a pretty good price !

Back
Top Bottom