Newb from NJ

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

MrMagoo

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hello all...been lurking here for about 2 weeks, getting some awesome tips on starting a new Freshwater 29 gallon. Sitting here looking at the tank now, watching the cycle start with a few tetras...

So far so good, but this site has a bug in me now...I want a 55 gallon so I can get a FW stingray....but I think my wife might drown me in the bigger tank if I buy it...so 29 is all for now.

So thanks for all the good reading so far...and I'm sure I will be asking questions.

Brian

welcome! but i think you missed the part about fish-less cycling :confused:

I of course found this site after the guy from my store set me all up, told what to add to the tank, and said to come back in a week for the fish to start the cycle, once the chlorine was gone. I also had a fairly signoificant bacterial bloom at one point where I couldn't see the back of the tank.

Then of course I come here to find that I should be doing all of this stuff WITHOUT fish...great, fantastic.

LOL! Don't worry about it, most LFS are in it for the money and will try to get the sale over the health of the fish. That's why we are here, we're free...only request...lots of pics!

Back
Top Bottom