newb here!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mjb018

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hey there! I'm new here, found this site doing a google search....
I'm currently building up a 29g tank that i got for free...
Just curious, I'm kinda confused on how to do the sump or filtration system. Any body have some pointers on this?

As for the fish, I'm still not 100% decided yet as I want to get the tank set up done first, but I know it'll be fresh water fish tho. Also, I have a fighter fish in a bowl and 2 betta's and a couple guppies in another...

Welcome aboard. Ask your questions in the FW forums. You`ll get more answers there as this is the welcome wagon. Again glad you are here.

for filtration an easy way to go is a canaster filter. simply add water and go. after you are all set let your tank cycle, a week or so should be ok, but check your your nitrate levels. add a few fish at a time. if you want loachesnor catfish's, wait a month or so for some algea to biuld up and other foods for them. rinse your gravel out well. add live platns if you wish, but agian wait a while berfore doing this. good lighting is needed for live plants, hope this helps and enjoy the hobby !

welcometoaa.gif

Back
Top Bottom