Newb here

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Beetlejuice

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hey all! Just started at the beggining of this year (2012) when my girlfriend brought home a 20gl glass tank. 3 clown fish and a hand full of damsels and I could stand by and watch anymore. Now I am hooked. In the works of setting up a 60gl w/ stand and canopy. (WWill post more on this set up when I get all the pieces )

A little about the 20gl..... end of april had a nice iche problem that killed everything but this tuff little orange star fish. A few weeks later letting tthe tank culture again w/ just the live rock we have slowly introduce 1- turbo 3- sand snails 2- scarlet shrimp 1- tuff as nails orange star fish, and suprisingly a nice number and variety of good guys from the extra 5 lbs of live rock we added. Everyhing with the water testing is ideal, nitrate spikes up , hopeing that my next purchase ( RO/ID w/ chlorimine filter- as I live in LA) will help keep it down.

20gl set-up..... hang on bio wheel filter(think its the 150)
24in HO T5 w/ two 14 watt white/ blue
air pump w/ stone
heater (think 50 or 75 watt)

next w/ this tank is to introde a bubble tip. Let it settle and intro a pair of clow. Then move those into the 60gl when it is up and running.

welcome to the forum! IMO, a 20 is too small for the fish mentioned. I would move all the livestock to the 60 once it's set up. and Anemones tend to do better in established set ups rather than newer ones. Pics are always welcome!

Back
Top Bottom