Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Community Forum > Member Introductions

Join Aquarium Advice Today
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com
Old 06-23-2011, 10:19 AM   #1
Aquarium Advice Newbie
Question Newbee

Hi all
I have been in the aquarium game on and off all my life or for as long as I can remember always tropical fish I have always wanted to go saltwater but never took the plunge until about a month ago. I had an old 20 gal tank laying around so I went to the pet store purchased some sand and a new jebo 305 filter and some salt then purchased some rock from the guy that served me. All has been going extremely well my ammonia and nitrite levels are to low to read but my nitrate level is still at about 10 ppm at week three. I went to the store again today to see about getting a cleanup crew as I have diatoms growing in my tank the store clerk suggested I tested my phosphate levels first so I did. The reading has comeback as way to high. I then tested my tropical tank and there was a small amount there but I expected that as it is full of fish. I then went and tested my water sorce and there is no phosphate there so I checked my salt and nothing there and I am using Prime as a water conditioner would any one have any idea as to where the high level of phosphate would be coming from or how to combat it

Cheers 
Newbee2011 is offline   Reply With Quote

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com