Newbie!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Szmanda

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hey all, just a new member checking in to the aquarium advice hotel!
I've got a very nice freshwater tank with a few little fishes, a red capped oranda, a ranchu and some shubunkins, nothing too exciting really!

I'm here really to have a look at what other fish would go well in my fancy goldfish aquarium and to just generally take some good advice when needed.

My fish have very red gills atm and we've not long moved them to the new tank (180L), so any advice would be welcomed!

Holly x x

Welcome to the site! It's a good thing you came here to get some good advice. I agree with rive1404, red gills usually indicates high levels of ammonia. Do you have a test kit? Preferably a liquid test kit like API's. If so, post your ammonia, nitrite, and nitrate readings.

Having your water parameters will give us a better idea of whats going on in the tank. Good luck and keep us posted!

it is worth the money to invest in a liquid test kit.

Check around and you can find them in the $20-$25 range. Check Big Al's or Drs Foster & Smith. They had the kits pretty cheap.

Back
Top Bottom