The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

elmer27

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hi all, how are you? my daughter and i are becoming more and more intriuged by our guppy that we have. This is our first tank that is bigger than your simple goldfish bowl. i belive it is 20in long 10 1/4 front to back and 11.5 in tall measuring the depth from the inside bottom to the top. the outside has about an extra inch at the bottom. i have no idea how much water it holds but i'd like to think that it is atleast 5.5 gallons. i'd like to get the biggest fish that i can with out over crowding<sp> the tank. the fish are the only thing that will make my daughter and i forget about her terrible two's as she can sit there calmly watching the tank for quite some time. so the more active the better. i've noticed that cichlids are pretty cool but have been told they need a very big tank. any info you can give me would be greatly appreciated. oh and all we have if one female guppy who looks like she has been pregnant for about 6 months straight now is that normal? when we got her she looked like your average guppy.

Welcome to AA!

Sounds like a 10gallon tank to me.

You could add some more tropical fish (don't mix tropicals and cichlids) such as more guppies, or tetras or any small schooling fish would be cool in there.

welcometoaa.gif

thanks

Welcome to AA!

Sounds like a 10gallon tank to me.

You could add some more tropical fish (don't mix tropicals and cichlids) such as more guppies, or tetras or any small schooling fish would be cool in there.
cool thanks for the advice keep it coming

Back
Top Bottom