Newbie :)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Man... That really stinks ... I didn't think those guys were aggressive at all ... I've been thinking about it a lot and I'd rather not buy a larger tank and have the same problem... I may just stick with community fish that are non aggressive... Was thinking about some glofish or a couple of koi swordtails but I've not researched them much yet ... Did u get something to replace your tetras ??

It's hard to say to be honest. Even "non-aggressive", "community" fish can still display aggression problems. Just like with my tetras... I did get two fish to replace them though. A Red Neon Dwarf Gourami (which is pretty shy) and a Rosy Tetra, which seems to get along with the White Skirts (unlike the Black Skirts), despite being a relative.

If you want a really safe bet, try Neon Tetras. They're known as some of the most peaceful fish there is, they're small so you could have quite a few in your tank, and they're really pretty. Just bear in mind that they're not very hardy (or so I've heard), and you'll probably want to be sure your tank is well-established and fully-cycled before you risk it.

I dunno what I'll get I just want my tiger barbs in a safe place and I'll be browsing.... Neons are pretty cool ;) good luck with ur new fish. Sounds like they are going to work out better for you ;)

I think he's just a common pleco... I may keep him a little longer. I'm not sure. Indecisive here

Dont mean to lecture...but commons need huge tanks, cuz they get huge!

I dunno what I'll get I just want my tiger barbs in a safe place and I'll be browsing.... Neons are pretty cool ;) good luck with ur new fish. Sounds like they are going to work out better for you ;)

I think he's just a common pleco... I may keep him a little longer. I'm not sure. Indecisive here

Personally, I kept mine... I would start working now on finding a home for him now, but enjoy the time while it lasts. You can probably keep it for another month or two before he outgrows your tank.

Lol MTS :) I know I need to rehome him as well ... :( there don't seem to be much selection for ten gallons or maybe I just need to keep looking :)

Or work on an upgrade!;) (cough, MTS, sputter)

Now Homedog, you couldn't possible be suffering from the dreaded multiple tank syndrome could you?

Lol MTS :) I know I need to rehome him as well ... :( there don't seem to be much selection for ten gallons or maybe I just need to keep looking :)

Take it from someone who started with a ten-gallon, there are plenty of options for that size tank. Everyone will tell you you need to school certain fish, though, so if you're going to do full schools...yeah, that's kinda rough. But you could still do four glass cats, or a few tetras (I recommend neons, small and very peacable), or a hillstream loach if you have a cooler tank.

CoyoteWildfire said:
Now Homedog, you couldn't possible be suffering from the dreaded multiple tank syndrome could you?

Take it from someone who started with a ten-gallon, there are plenty of options for that size tank. Everyone will tell you you need to school certain fish, though, so if you're going to do full schools...yeah, that's kinda rough. But you could still do four glass cats, or a few tetras (I recommend neons, small and very peacable), or a hillstream loach if you have a cooler tank.

(sweating, sputtering) no (more sweating, more sputtering) what would make you think that!? 0.o rofl

Oh, well in that case, I don't suppose you'd mind taking a vacation for a month. Away from all your fish. For 31 whole days. ;D

.... I admit it!!! (cry, sob, cry) I'm a carrier! (more sobbing, more crying, more sobbing) I've only months to live! Jk ROFL!!!:D

LOL, well uh...I know a good shrink!

I'll leave it at that now that we're off-topic. =P

Back
Top Bottom