The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Dadwallan

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hi all

My name is Dave and have been fasinated with fish for a very long time! I finally took the plunge in may and bought a 50 gallon tank in May.

Since them I have had a rollercoaster ride with the tank and fish whilst building up experience.

My local aquatic centre have been brilliant with advice but I really want to do this hobby justice so apologies in advance if any questions I post in the future appear obvious to the more experienced of you out there, It will certainly be very much appreciated!

In the last 2 weeks I have seen the fish in my tank decimated with what seems to be an outbreak of Ich, but also have lost a number of fish which seem to have blown eyes.

my tank consisted of the following

5 neons
5 rummynoses
1 male siamese fighter
2 Female fighters
1 african butterfly
3 gouramies
2 catfish
1 sucking loach
1 bothia
1 black and 1 marble molly

I was happy with the mix as they were all community fish rather than species and there didnt seem to be anything too aggressive.

I'm left with

2 neons
3 gouramies
1 african butterfly
1 cat fish
1 bothia
1 black molly ( which has a blown eye and white spots)

I have had the water checked at the aquatic shop it's fine (slightly low PH) and they have suggested the same as alot of the advice ive read online, raised the temp of the water, added salt and started the tank on a course of Protozin (5th day now).

Any comments/suggestions on my course of treatment, mix of fish would be greatly appreciated! as I said I really want to make a go of this hobby.

thanks in advance:(

Im left

Hi! Welcome to the site.Its nice to know you.Do share with us if you have any problem

Back
Top Bottom