The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

TSkudd

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hey guys,
Got a 40L freshwater tank with 2 Mollies, a Rainbow Shark and a Danio. Joining to further my learning in providing a most enjoyable experience for my fish! Has been a learning curve so far.

- T

Welcome aboard! I just joined last week and can't get over the amount of info these gold people have. I am learning something every day. Their iPad app rocks, and I hear their Android app does too. Good luck.

gold people = good people. (darned apple auto-correct + my poor typing skills). LOL

:welcome: to AA! :)
Hey guys,
Got a 40L freshwater tank with 2 Mollies, a Rainbow Shark and a Danio. Joining to further my learning in providing a most enjoyable experience for my fish! Has been a learning curve so far.

- T

If I'm correct forty liters is ten gallons. I hate to be the bearer of bad news but the rainbow shark and mollies get too big for that tank.

bruinsbro1997 said:
:welcome: to AA! :)

If I'm correct forty liters is ten gallons. I hate to be the bearer of bad news but the rainbow shark and mollies get too big for that tank.

Oh :( . How big a tank would you recommend?

Welcome.....

I had a shark like that, had to rehome him to someone with 125 gallons. I wouldn't recommend smaller than 75 gallons to keep them really happy and healthy. Otherwise, the aggression level, which increases as they mature, can wipe out your tank. Mine ate all of my danios.

As for the mollies, I'd recommend 20 gallon minimum.

Back
Top Bottom