The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jimsgrl

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Fairly newbie. Attempted to do our tank earlier in the year and had disasterous results with Ick twice. Gave it up for the summer and started it up about 7 weeks ago when the kids went back to school. :banghead:

I'm Laura, a stay at home mom of 2 boys (10 and almost 5) in the Hudson Valley, upstate NY. We have a 15 gal freshwater tank with 1 male creamsicle lyretail molly, 4 female creamsicle lyretail mollies (one of which may appear slightly preggo), 1 male silver lyretail molly, 3 female silver lyretail mollies and 15 fry that are about a week old. So far, so good this time. (y) We plan on getting a pleco and a couple ghost shrimp in about a week, to help maintain the tank.

I've learned a bit here and there, taking care of the tank...but I'm still very new to fish care and look forward to learning more as we go along. Any advice is very much appreciated, thanks! :thanks:

:welcome:

With regard to your future stocking plan, I can't think of any plecos that would fit into that tank with your existing stock.

You should get species because you really love them, not because they will do a "job" for you in the tank. If you're good about tank maintenance, you don't need a clean up crew. (y)

welcome to the forum! Contradicting what you might have heard, plecos do little to "keep the tank clean" They actually produce tons of waste and common plecos can get very large. Also, once the fry have grown, you'll be a bit overstocked for your tank. And we always appreciate pictures here, so of few of your tank would be great :)

Posted some pics. Holding off on the pleco, lol (thanks)...but very upset that my fry aren't making it. Lost alot. :(

Hello and Welcome to the forum, jimsgrl

I as well recommend that you hold off on the pleco until you get a bigger tank.

Not every time will the fry survive ;) This is your first time, practice makes perfect ;)

Back
Top Bottom