newbie!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

marcelle

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hello my name is marcelle im 30yrs old from st.louis missouri. I have had fresh water tanks as a child and purchased one about 2yrs ago and loved it but have always wanted a salt water tank !. I have heard that they were exstremly hard to manage I did research on saltwater fish and tanks for @ 3-4 months and finally decided to give it my all and purchase a 125 gallon estabilshed tank with 100lbs of figi rock and 2 clowns. Let me tell ya moving 125 gallons of water was no picnic lol.. I setup my 125gallon tank and let it run for 3 weeeks before I purchased any fish. My first purchase was a yellow tang which was highly recommended by my lfs for beginners. I waited a week and a half before purchasing a diamond goby and another week before purchasing a niger trigger.. ya i know there not reef safe and can be some what aggressive but, my lfs said he has had one in his tank wich is very similar to mine for 3yrs no probs... figured i could give it a try. and my last purchase was yesterday.. a blue ribbon eel . just an amazing looking fish. before purchased him i put him on hold because i really dont knw alot about eels! my research tells me they can be picky about eating .. but my lfs said he has had one for over 2 1/2 yrs now no issues and they never sell ribbons that are not eating well before they leave there store.. he just came home with me yesterday i hope all works out well. note all my parameters have been excellent! I have one more purchase in probably a couple weeks and i will be done with fish!! :fish2::thanks:

Back
Top Bottom