Newbie ?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

WayneswalesUK

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hi all, would just like to introduce myself. I'm Wayne and I live in the uk, I've been wanting to start my own aquaruim now for a long time and finally after a lot of reading and researching I took the plunge.
I decided on these guys making me a custom tank Home - AC_Aquatics and I was pretty chuffed with it to be honest. Went with a 4ftx2x2 tank and a 36inchx17x17 sump.
Had the cabinet done in a high gloss cream finish and looks stunning in my living room.
If some one could point me in the right directions on how to post photo's I will post pictures as my build progresses :)
I decided on the maxspect razor 16000k led light which I love by the way, a tunze 6105 power head, bubble magus curve 7 protien skimmer and a ehiem compact 5000 return pump and ehiem jagger 300w heater.
I've started with all the plumbing work and just been waiting on the loc line coming from the US. (Now arrived)
So nearly ready to test all the plumbing out but I think I've decided to start off doing all my own Ro water and mixing it myself, can any one recommend a good salt for me to use? Any help guys would be much appreciated at these early stages
Also I'm going with around 40-50 kg of live rock, would this be enough for my tank? I eventually want to add coral as the tank matures.
It's all very exciting at the mo but I'm determined to start off the right way so please feel free to advise or correct me as I go

Thanks for taking the time to read this hopefully here from u guys soon.

Wayne. ?

Back
Top Bottom