The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bensmum

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hello , my names Sue , just brought my son a 20l tropical aquarium Set , God !!!!! Why don't people give you proper instruction manuals these days ??? Anyway got it all set up eventually !!!! Looked good on Sunday , since Monday its been really cloudy and not getting any better . Read up about the cycling of the tank lots of diff advice on diff sites . I think the Cloudy water is normal , I'm taking a sample to the place I brought it from tomorrow , from what I can work out , they will recommend fish to put in while the water is cloudy to help the tank cycle . Is this right or am I completely on the wrong track . Help !!!!!!!! Thank you xxx

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Welcome to the forum. It is correct for them to give you a hardy fish to help cycle the tank. It's better to do a fishless cycle but that is quite complicated so it's best to just do it with fish the first time around. Only get one fish like a betta or a small shoal of white cloud minows. Don't put too many fish in to start.

Thank you very much

Welcome! We are glad to have you.

5 gallon tank.
Filter?
Heater?
Substrate?
Fake/live/or no plants?

Just a few things to consider. ?

Here's some helpful links to help you with cycling:

http://www.aquariumadvice.com/forums/showthread.php?t=154837

Have you decided on fish?

Some options you could do within reason for a 5g tank.

Betta

Various shrimp species.

Rasporas

various snails.

ADF

Pencilfish

Here's some various plants that all you need to grow them is a decent light. Most LED will do.

Anubias species
Java Fern
Cryptocoryne species
Amazon swords (need root tabs)
water sprite
Java moss
Wisteria

Hope this helps :)
If you have any questions feel free to ask!

Oh and here is a stocking generator to help so you can make sure you don't over stock your tank.

Www.aqadvisor.com

Caleb

Sent via TARDIS

Fab !!! Thank you

Hi, welcome to the forum :)

55 gallon elephant nose tank.
30 gallon vampire shrimp, green lace shrimp and snails.

Back
Top Bottom