newbie?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Jeroen

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hello all!
My name's Jeroen somewhat of a new enthousiast, bought my first tank (15g/60l) nearly 2 years ago. Been moving up very quickly and have a total of 4 tanks now. 2 of about 30g/120l of which 1 is to be replaced by a 50g/200l soon. The biggest being that (50g) already which is my pride n joy atm.

Started injecting co2 about a month ago and so far everything, as far as i can tell, is going great. Plants that have been in there since have really picked up and everything i have put in since really seems to catch on much easier. Was using easylife carbo before but the effect there is minimal.

Came on here looking for an answer as to RCS (red cherry shrimp) are safe to keep with cherry barbs. I've got a group of about 20 and have about 40 RCS coming next week. There's plenty of hiding space in the plants and such but would like to know what i'm in for, yesterday I put a newly acquired Atya Moluccensis (wouldn't know a common english name for it) and my pair of ivanacara adoketa went straight for it even though i figured it'd be way to big for them to eat. Had to fish them out and store them elsewhere. Had some space luckily.

Will upload some images of my baby from my phone in a minute :)
some advice would be greatly appreciated!

look forward to meeting you all
Cheers Jeroen

Two pictures in case one is t clear can't really see like this.

Attachments

• 20160116_231355.jpg
    20160116_231355.jpg
    250.5 KB · Views: 29
  • 20160116_142724.jpg
    20160116_142724.jpg
    250 KB · Views: 42
Oh another problem that I've been breaking my head over the past couple days...

In my tank there's a standard of 2 39watt t5 bulbs and I've recently installed a 30watt t8 fluorescent myself.
The tank being a ciano emotions 100 the hood is closed off nearly completely but two holes in the back for filters etc and a hole for a feeding machine.

I already figured I'd put some fine mesh under the feeding hole and leave it open as i already see my temp rising to 26.6/26.7 at the end of the day. (starting at 25 or so..)
Think that is quite a lot for what in total with sump is about 50gallon?:confused:

Also thought about drilling tiny holes just above the outer edges of the reflectors to let more heat out but see some issues there.
Wouldn't mind buying some cooling fans but I've looked around and can't find anything small enough to fit my hood next to the lights but still powerfull enough to actually do anything..

Any ideas?
If anyone has actually taken the time to read all this :thanks:

Welcome aboard. We are glad you found us here at AA. :welcome:

You might want to post your questions in the forums since this is the welcome wagon.

Back
Top Bottom