The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Dockathy

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hi everyone,
Ottawa,on
I am new at keeping fish. I have my first beta. Blue and red male, since November 2015. He has lasted a lot longer than I ever thought, being so new at this aquarium stuff. My gf got me interested in this as she has owned many betas and other fish in 2 large aquariums. My beta is now very sick lying on the bottom of the tank. I did a 75%water change today and added extra salt as he has fin rot. Will do another water change 100% the next few days with extra salt and hopefully that will help. But then I am flying out to Victoria for a few days, my boyfriend will be feeding my beta. He knows nothing about fish. I can't trust him. I know I have been leaving the light on too long thus algae formed. Silk plants only. Do I add big als multi purpose bio support?
Going there in 2 days to get new carbon. Thanks.

Hi, welcome to the forum :)

Perhaps write down instructions?

I guess this might be too late if you have left but how is the tank going?

Hi, welcome to the forum :)

Perhaps write down instructions?

I guess this might be too late if you have left but how is the tank going?
Thanks. Guess what. After 1 water change, and waiting over night, and my be discovering that the water. Temp gauge set too low, thus the water was only. 77degrees. He put the thermostat back up to80 degrees and my beta perked right up. I guess he was cold. But his fins still look terrible. Shouldido another water change 100 percent with salt? I'm leaving We'd morning. Sorry my space bar doesn't seem to be working properly. Or I am typing it too lightly. Lol
Thanks.

Oh you mean leave the bf instructions how to look after the betta?. Yeah,I could do that. Also leave it with my daughter who also lives in the bldg. thanks for the advice. the bf is an alcoholic which is a problem.

Sounds like you have a plan :)

Only note I can offer is I would do 50% water changes. I've just found in mine that 100% can be stressful.

Back
Top Bottom