The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

greggy

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Afternoon all!

First time fish keeper here. We were lucky to inherit a tank and contents from a friend when she moved..

Nice little tropical set up which has now been in about a week and settled quite nicely.

Got a small handful of neons, two Molly's (one black one Dalmatian) and a few unidentified fish (to be confirmed)

Will be on the forum getting useful info and a whole raft of questions as and when :)

Cheers folks

StuartG

What's the unidentified fish? Picture? The second pic you posted is a dwarf gourami (someone else may be able to get more specific)

What's the unidentified fish? Picture? The second pic you posted is a dwarf gourami (someone else may be able to get more specific)
I have added a few pics..

Of the 4 neons, one is much bigger than the others but bears all the same markings etc.

The dwarf Gourami is a character, I was taking pics of the others and he was desperate to get in on the act of having his picture taken !

So yeah, any identification would be magical.. will try and get some clearer pics if they stand still long enuff !!

The larger "neon" is a cardinal tetra, and your clear fish are glass catfish! Those are really cool and I've been wanting some for awhile.

The larger "neon" is a cardinal tetra, and your clear fish are glass catfish! Those are really cool and I've been wanting some for awhile.
Cool, I have two. Again, funny characters, they spend most of the day in the car / shade together coming out later evening to sweep up after feeding time :)

Ahh yes, the Cardinal. The smaller ones do.seem to follow him around as their leader !!

As I say, it's my first foray into fish keeping, they are fascinating to say the least!!

Post updates if you do anything different, cool tank and welcome to the forum!

Just passing on the kindness, feel free to do the same after you get comfortable with the site!

Just so you know, those aren't neon tetras, they're cardinal tetras and they are beautiful! Get a little bigger than neons though :) i have a school of them about a year old

Edit: Just saw someone pointed out the cardinal. I didn't realize it was just the one that was different. Either way, it's beautiful! As is your tank! :D

You keep a very clean looking tank for a newbie. Are you sure your a newbie? Ha ha

It's an 80litre tank (20 gallon in US money I think)

Yep, a total newbie, completely new to all of this ! Honest ! Im quite surprised how clear it is too. No casualties (yet) and everyone seems to be getting on alright :)

Back
Top Bottom