The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Lynnie3

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hi

Years ago I had tropical fish. Last September I started another aquarium this time I had African Cichlid. I was advised to over stock as some of them were territoril, this I did now I have about 7 left they are very fasinating to watch. They pick the sand in their mouths and spit it out in a different area. Then about 6 weeks ago I invested in a aquiverse 160 a beautiful tank as I wanted a peaceful tank I have 8 different species of tetra 2 bengal loac and 2 sail fin plecos very small als 12 Amino shimps. We had an awful amount of green hair algae so I stripped plants plastic and 2 little caves, thoroughly rinsed them and the filter and placed them back into the tank. I purchased some green hair algae remover when I came down in the morning the algae was even worse. I washed the plastic plants again and soaked them in a bowl with a drop of the treatment in the water. When I came down there now is white spot on some of my tetras. What is the best treatment to use.

No we are down to 5 in the chicld tank. After clearing the hair algea in the tetra tank we purchased some diamond tetras and within days we had white spot we have cleared that loosing about 5 tetras and a cpl not looking too happy.

Back
Top Bottom