The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Nashpack

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hello all.
I'm starting a new hobby. Fish keeping! I have always loved a beautiful tank. We have had a tank for about 5 years, which my husband cared for. (Very little maintenance ever done :( sorry to admit. But I was having babies. Lol) anyways... we moved two months ago. Which at that time my husband overhauled the tank. Completely changed gravel and all decor, even scrubbed entire HOB filter. (29 gal tank) well he completely jacked the tank up. The only thing that lived was a 8 inch pleco and 1 zebra Dano (dano came with tank 5 years ago). I took over, since I was just broken and bummed. I knew better and thought he did too.
Since taking over. We have the following.
1 pleco common (I think) 8"
2 black skirt tetras
1 zebra dano
3 high fin glo tetras (2 neon green, 1 pink)
3 glo tetras (1pink, 1 purple, 1 blue)
1 tiger nitrite snail
1 mystery snail
Red cherry shrimp 5
Ghost shrimp 3
Amani shrimp 3 maybe 4

My kids picked the glo tetras as my oldest will be getting this tank in his room once stable. The pleco will get a bigger home and new tank mates soon, I hope.
I'm having a heck of a time with maintenance. I believe the pleco needs a new home now. My filter constantly needs changing. And my water is cloudy. I'm not giving up, I really love the look of a great tank.

Back
Top Bottom