Newbie alert

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

fishyfingers

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Brand new to this hobby but loving it and wondering why I haven't done it sooner. Currently I have gourami, danio and peppered corydora. I would like to progress to some discus fish and rainbow fish in time....just wondering what other cool stuff people have and why they chose those fish?

Sent from my iPad using Aquarium Advice

Welcome! I have 3 50g community tanks.
Love my Zebra loach & Zebra Oto s.
Also have Sterbai Cory s. And 9 other FW tropical fish types. All planted.ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1408190240.368001.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Hi, thanks for the reply. Don't really know what I want yet other than I was looking a some discus fish in the store the other day but I know it will be a while before I am able to look after anything like that. Would also like a marine tank .... Aim high :0) are the loach quite hardy?

Sent from my iPad using Aquarium Advice

I think discus and SW would be quite ambitious and challenging. I have two 20g long tanks. One moderately planted with red cherry shrimps/snails and one heavily planted with one Amano shrimp, snails, and 3 danios and 4 golden tetras.
Always wanted a shrimp tank; Shrimp have been there a year and it is very low maintenance. They just crawl around and do their thing.
The fish in the planted tank have been there for quite a while (danios 2 years, tetras 5+ years). The fish are active and hard to photograph (clearly). Got the tetras because I have not seen that type in pet stores. Got the danios as dither fish to liven up the tetras because they were reclusive. Fish on the WISH LIST are thread fin rainbow fish and Khuli loaches. Here are the tanks:
HIyXnKP.jpg

HNl1Vzk.jpg

The Loaches seem to be. I ve had them for over a year.

Really like Discus too but my ph is 8.2 sooooo there s that. Do have an empty 75 gal in my garage, what to do, what to do :)

Back
Top Bottom