Newbie and learning :)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Rob78

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hello everyone!!!

Well I will tell you a little bit about my self, my name is Robert I'm 33 and I live in Rialto, California. I have never own a fishtank before so far I only had two pets dogs when I was growing up at my parents home, as far as fish I only remember that when I was a kid I had a couple of times goldfish in a plastic cup the ones you win at the local fair, but they would only live for a few days :(

So I've been thinking alot about getting a pet, and a fishtank came to my head so I started browsing the internet about a month a go getting information about fish, tanks, etc.. and I found out that there is a great community on this hobbie with great information in any level of experience.

I'm taking the challenge of a saltwater fish reef tank, I like to set goals in my life and most of the time I accomplish my goals and a saltwater tank is my next goal! and I know that this does not happen to one day to another or in 30 minutes like the tanked tv show on discovery lol so I have patience and I'm willing to learn step by step.

The size of the tank I want is about 80 gallons I havent bought anything yet, just a book that I already finished reading "the new marine aquarium" by Michael S. Paletta pretty good info!!

This weekend I'm starting the rock curing process so that would take me about 2 months or a little more so meanwhile I will search more and learn more and hopefully by the time the rocks are ready I'll start buying the equipment.

:)

Hi Rob,
I'm on the same boat as you though I've already purchased a 125g reef tank without so much as reading up on the subject matter. Now that I have the tank, I'm doing all my reading, of which there appears to be a never ending amount of info. I live in CA as well. Perhaps, we can share experiences so we can both hopefully avoid pitfalls with being new to the game.

Cool, welcome to AA! I do saltwater, so if you have any questions, don't hesitate to ask!

Hi Rob,
I'm on the same boat as you though I've already purchased a 125g reef tank without so much as reading up on the subject matter. Now that I have the tank, I'm doing all my reading, of which there appears to be a never ending amount of info. I live in CA as well. Perhaps, we can share experiences so we can both hopefully avoid pitfalls with being new to the game.

Cool, 125 thats nice so hopefully you get it going!

same here I just recently purchased a 125 gallon established tank and learning all I can!!..

Back
Top Bottom