newbie but oldie

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

coryman7

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hi everyone: This is my first attempt at a chat line. I am a hunt and peck typist, and not very computer savvy. Please refer back to this introductory statement when you become frustrated at my slow response times. I am 50 years old and have had aquariums off and on since my 10th birthday. I currently have a 30 gallon with 3 green (aeolus?) female cories, 1 male cory of the same species, 2 female platies, 1 male platy (whom I believe to be a woos), and 1 female dalmation molly. All are very healthy. My filtration is old school: under gravel filter and 1 very small external filter bought for 50 cents on a close-out shelf at k-mart. I do a 30-40% water change about every 3 weeks. My fish are active and healthy, The tank is clean, water is clear, although as I write this I must report that the dalmation molly has a very swollen eye. Otherwise she seems to be the same. I wonder if she had an injury? She was fine this morning. All others look fine. I will see how she is tomorrow morning.
As to the rest of my interests, I love antiques; especially electro-mechanical. I enjoy woodworking, restorations, tinkering, gardening, travel and family.
I am not as dedicated to the aquarium hobby as I’m sure most of you are, but I appreciate the opportunity to pick your minds now and then and occasionally give you my insight as an “old-timer”.
Thanks for the welcome. ---coryman7

Welcome to AA! If you have any questions about how to work things on the forums. Shoot myself or another mod a pm and we will be glad to help in any way we can.

Thanks for your reply. I need help with the forum thing. I am very confused and new to forums. Is there somewhere on the website that tells me what to do?-Thanks again-coryman7

Back
Top Bottom