Newbie from Brisbane, Australia

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Aquarium Girl

Aquarium Advice Freak
I am new to fish keeping and loving this forum! It's such a wonderful resource to have this wealth of knowledge and members who are happy to share it.
I have a 200L octagonal tank with African cichlids (Malawi - hoping to get some help on here to identify some of them!) and a 65L tank with goldfish due to poor advice from the local Pet Super Store. Grrrr. Anyways, have found myself a great LFS and on the right track now :)
Thanks for having me. I hope to speak with some of you soon!!!

:welcome: to AA! We are glad you found us here :) do you have any tank pictures? We love seeing them. I'll see ya around in the cichlid threads im sure

Aquarium Girl said:
No doubt ;)

Will post some pics of my tank soon. Thanks for saying hi!

No problem I seen the pics in the other thread. They look a little young for me to tell. Wyit is really good at naming fish so hopefully he will chime in for you. Good luck ;)

Pics of my tank - it's a 55g octagonal. So I've since read about "footprints" and decided an upgrade will be in order to a long tank before these babies get too big but it was such a beautiful tank I had to have it!!!

image-927260153.jpg

image-2549082916.jpg

image-2227886934.jpg

Aquarium Girl said:
Pics of my tank - it's a 55g octagonal. So I've since read about "footprints" and decided an upgrade will be in order to a long tank before these babies get too big but it was such a beautiful tank I had to have it!!!

That's so cool, how tall is it? That would be nice as a walk around, not that its not nice where you have it. I love it but they do need more a bigger footprint

Andrew McFadden said:
That's so cool, how tall is it? That would be nice as a walk around, not that its not nice where you have it. I love it but they do need more a bigger footprint

Thanks Andrew. It's 72cm deep - from what I've read would probably suit angels perfectly. Yes, I would love to set it up as a walk around but have 2 very active little girls and was worried about them running around it and stressing the fish. Also wanted to have it where I see it every day hence its placement in my kitchen :)

Back
Top Bottom