Newbie from DC Metro Area

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

TrixyEnigma

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hello everyone. I'm a new aquarist from the Washington, DC area. I've had my aquarium for about a year now and I find that everyday I gain new information. Right now I have a 30g high tank with 6 platys, 7 neon tetras, 3 honey gouramis, 1 cory cat, 1 golden inca snail, and 3 mystery snails. The tank also has 1 amazon sword plant, and some anacharis that I have floating at the top. I hope to learn a lot from you guys about maintaining a healthy aquarium. Thanks in advance.

Shania

Yeah I know. I was thinking of adding a few more, but I wanted to switch to a bigger canister filter before I did. My hang on filter is just too loud and I think it's having a hard time with the workload at this point. It's an Aquaclear 70.

I have 2 on my 55g and they don't make much noise, and they do a really good job. However, canisters are even better, well depending on the brand haha. Are you sure it isn't just the lid vibrating? One of mine didn't come with a lid, and it hardly ever makes a sound, unless the water is low lol.

welcometoaa.gif

I have 2 on my 55g and they don't make much noise, and they do a really good job. However, canisters are even better, well depending on the brand haha. Are you sure it isn't just the lid vibrating? One of mine didn't come with a lid, and it hardly ever makes a sound, unless the water is low lol.

I've actually got something on top of the lid to keep it quiet, once I discovered that it vibrated. I think my issue is that I have a horrible tank evaporation problem and once the water level drops an inch or so below the top, all you hear is the water flowing back into the tank. So I'm eventually going to move the tank and add the canister filter, because when I'm watching t.v. at night, the sound just makes me sleepy, lol.

Welcome! Yes my filters get louder as the water level drops as well. I like it though :) This is an excellent site for advice, hope you like it here!

Back
Top Bottom