Newbie from Malaysia

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
okay.....
done setup my tank,my plumbing and my stand......
here is some pic as i promise....plz do not hesitate for any comment...
test water parameter juz now....ammonia level 1.0ppm, No2=0, No3=0...huh

my 10g sump
img_1172236_0_5527d8367e708ac6996df305d47a7d4b.jpg

from above
img_1172236_1_4ee660f8f7646cace2e97f3c0cf076c7.jpg

from front
img_1172236_2_beb5f26e684b82e1f81e74e789393783.jpg

Okay, Your ammonia level is still high. Soon you should start reading some nitrites and that will follow with you're seeing some nitrates. Your cycle will be done when you have a reading of 0 ammonia, 0 nitrites and some reading of nitrates. Your setup looks great, now is the time to do more reading on the fishes you want and any corals. research is the key to success!

okay thanx.....
problem....my overflow seem like doesnt match with the return pump....water level (if u can see that black tape at sump) will decrease around 2cm for 8hours.....already add another hose inside the overflow box so that it can flow faster....still cant do....what shud i do..?? do i have to add some pipe,hose or anything at the return hose so that it can flow back to the sump..???

thanx in advance....

Add a T to your return side from the pump and divert some of the return water back into the sump.

erk....both sides...??? i dont understand...can u explain more.....sory for troubling u....

Well you need to "choke" down the output side of your pump, the best way is to have two ball valves and have compete control of the water coming out of your pump. With two valves you can adjust the water flow coming out of your pump without putting to much back pressure on your pump, You could do it with one ball valve and no T if you wanted too

Back
Top Bottom