Newbie from New Zealand

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

aquaplod

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hi all, my name is Jill and I live in Feilding, a small town in the Manawatu, New Zealand. I have a husband, teenage children, 2 dogs, a cockateil and a grwing number of fish. I started off a couple of years ago with a 200ltr tank with 6 small goldfish .....but alas they grew and were very messy so a few months back after they kept spawning and ripping up all the plants we dug a huge 2500ltr pond. I moved them outdoors but not before they produced a few fry which are now growing in the 200ltr tank and waiting for the weather to warm up so they can go outdoors too. I found out that tropicals make less mess and are much easier to care for so became impatient for the little guys to move out so I could make the big tank tropical. I bought a 70 ltr jewel rekord tank and now have 5 angels (small), 1 dwarf gourami, 3 harlequin raspboras, 1 kribensis, and 2 bristlenose happily occupying that. I then bought another second hand 60ltr tank and have neon tetras, glowlight tetras, 1 krib female(she beat up the male, that is why he is in the other tank) 3 swordtails 2 baby bristle nose and a common pleco about 5 inches long. I also got 6 guppies but alas they got sick and died taking with them a neon and a glowlight so I am learning quick about the need for a quarantine tank. I have now just had the luck to buy a huge tank, I have a big wall space that has been waiting for a big tank and I have certainly found it. I am now the proud owner of a 1300ltr 8ft x 3ft x 2ft tank which comes complete with 2 x fluval fx5 filters and a huges stand and hood. I am dying to get it set up but I am waiting on some strong men to lift the tank into the stand. It is very heavy. I am still trying to decide what to put in it, a big community or what? My angels certainly need a bigger tank. I am so excited about this tank and will post a pic of it when it is up and going.
I have found reading these forums very interesting and informative, any advice or suggestions on fish to move into my new tank are most welcome.

Welcome to the site! I think you should put SW fish and corals in it!

Welcome aboard :)

I can just image an immense reef in that giant tank of yours! You could move a recliner in front of it and pretend you were on the great barrier reef! haha. Sounds like you have quite a decent variety of fish there. One question.. Is your female kribensis bigger than your male?

Jim

Back
Top Bottom