Newbie from NY looking for good deal on AQUARIUM

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

hpNYR

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hello everyone. I'm looking to find a starter kit thats very cheap. I'm on an extremely low budget.

The closest I got was directpetsupplies.net and unfortunately they don't ship aquariums anymore..the price of the tetra eco 10 gallon was just over 50 dollars.

If anyone has any suggestions where to look for ONLINE for a starter kit I would appreciate it. Do you guys think buying everything seperately would be cheaper and better?

Thanks so much for all the help!

If you're that budget conscious, try looking on freecycle.org and craigslist for tank packages. I got my first 30 gallon for free on freecycle. I used it for years before upgrading.

You can also check your lfs for used or new tanks. You'll pay through the nose for shipping.

I don't consider fishkeeping an inexpensive hobby. You might want to price out everything you'll need before you buy anything. It adds up quickly when you're first starting out.

Where in NY are you? Anywhere near the Danbury, CT area?

I'm In the 5 boros...Queens. Not too far I imagine. Appreciate the advice BTW.

What size are you looking for. I am thinking of thinning my tanks out. Just do not have the time anymore to do them all. I have bought most of my new tanks at Petland Discounts, they have decent prices and will deliver.

I'm looking for 10 Gallon. 5 gallon is too small.

Thanks.

Just go to a decent store, a ten with filter and heater should not be much more than 50.00 dollars.

Just go to a decent store, a ten with filter and heater should not be much more than 50.00 dollars.

True, Looking for a siphon, gravel, and the liquids too. Im thinking I might actually be able to put a decent package together if I find these things seperately. Ebay has a 10 gallon for 20 or so.

hpNYR said:
Hello everyone. I'm looking to find a starter kit thats very cheap. I'm on an extremely low budget.

The closest I got was directpetsupplies.net and unfortunately they don't ship aquariums anymore..the price of the tetra eco 10 gallon was just over 50 dollars.

If anyone has any suggestions where to look for ONLINE for a starter kit I would appreciate it. Do you guys think buying everything seperately would be cheaper and better?

Thanks so much for all the help!

Petland discount in NYC normally has good deals on tanks. There are various stores around the city.

J

Back
Top Bottom