Newbie from Scotland!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

shjo558

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hi,

Really glad I've found this site as the one I used to research on has shut down due to a major data loss!

I currently have 2 freshwater set ups the first one being 125 ltr community tank with neons and live bearers with a few shrimps and the second 130ltr with bleeding heart tetra, pearl gourami and flame gourami.

I've pretty much always kept fish but only a few goldfish in a small tank until 2009 when I decided to go tropical and bought the larger tanks detailed above. It's only been since deciding on tropical fish that I researched the hobby and now find myself reading up on just about everything. It's amazing how much I've learned in the last year and how helpful more experienced fish keepers are.

My short term future plans are just to enjoy the fish I have just now and watch my guppy fry develop over the generations etc but my long term goal is to have a very large cichlid tank. Although that won't come until I've moved house and have the room to make a large feature tank!

Anyway, that's me saying hello!

Totally agree with you Mark! And with dkpate, from what I've seen in photos and on tv it's a beautiful place!

Not if you live in the suburbs of Glasgow it isn't ;)

But I personally believe the West Coast of Scotland is one of the most beautiful landscapes in the world.

You seriously don't want to live here just now - worst snow in 30 years:rolleyes:

I would LOVE it! I am missing the snow right now....we only have about 4 inches, and it's around 8 degrees F. Send some snow this way please?!?! LOL

I would love it too - never even seen snow in real life! Would be a true novelty for me, but I'm sure it would wear off after a while!

After about 5 months of snow it get's old. When it snows though, and since I live in a tiny town that shuts down about 7pm lol, you can actually HEAR the snow hitting the ground. It's awesome!

Back
Top Bottom