newbie from sydney

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

sofiamargarita

Aquarium Advice Newbie
hi everyone! i'm an aquarium newbie and a forum newbie :) i still have to figure out how to post this introduction! haha

well for starters, i'm a young married female from sydney. we've set up or aquarium about a couple of months ago, with the following specs -

60litre tank
Aqua Clear 30 hang-on filter
Airstone
Silk plants (2 large, 2 med, 1 small)
Drfitwood
2 Red Orandas (small-med)
2 Kois (small)

i decided to join this forum because there's always something "new" with my fishies...and i don't know what to do! and from the past months that i've been searching the net for answers/help, this forum proved to be helpful.

so i hope you guys could help me in the future :brows:

Welcome! To AA!! Ermm IMO ur tank is overstocked. Unless u get a bigger filter u will have a hard time keeping the water parameter under control. And also koi and oranda ain't good companion because the kois are fast swimmers while orandas are slow swimmers! If I were u will keep the two orandas and find another home for the two baby koi! Koi also grow really fast! And they get really big! :( also if u have any question on oranda please ask! I can help

Sofia, rather agree with Hubert, koi's will get too big too quick.
Do you have lighting? Everyone at AA likes photo's too :)
I like to think I have a balanced environment, so have fish that normally occupy bottom, mid and surface. Not familiar with red orandas, but I imagine a small pleco variety would fit in well with your layout.

Back
Top Bottom